My Million Dollar Neighbor

I have been noticing increased construction activity in my neighborhood.  The house next door is new and I know the builder, of course, is intending to sell it at the highest price possible. But get this, a million dollars, no.  More.  $ 1.325 M dollars. So, I scratch my head and look out the window. Sure, its a wider lot, 40feet vs. our 30feet. Its same structure though, 2 floors and a basement.  The footprint is not any bigger. Also,  there's  only 8feet distance in between the sidewalls. At the second floor, there are windows annoyingly looking straight at each other. So they have fancier finishes probably, but are the sinks lined with gold? I am thinking the houses are a growing premium here because of the proximity to downtown, that I would understand.  Even through this new fence that's shared, anyone standing from our rear landing is still overlooking at their yard. So, next time my neighbors have a cook-out, I'll check out their million dollar barbecue.

Zulueta Architecture is a dynamic professional practice currently based in Calgary, Alberta.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Become a Licensed Architect in Canada

How to Design A Restaurant to Building Code

Philippine Architect Salary vs. Other Asian Architects: A Snapshot