Moment of Influence

For some strange twist of events, I stumbled upon a big client who was looking for an architect to work with in Calgary. I believe I was chosen by merit, but I was also at the right place and at the right time. Who knew that my reprieve in Manila last year would lead to this fortunate circumstances.  In any case, I went from being a nobody to a person of influence.  I was so used to being ignored, people could not even pronounce my name correctly. Suddenly, because I am representing this client,  I get a dozen calls from suppliers, vendors and contractors trying to get on my good side so that they can get a piece of action.  All of this though, has not changed my attitude. Down to earth, and as fair as I could to everyone. I know  how quickly the tide can turn. But at this moment, it does not hurt to enjoy this moment of influence, however short-lived it may be.

Zulueta Architecture is a dynamic professional practice currently based in Calgary, Alberta.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Become a Licensed Architect in Canada

How to Design A Restaurant to Building Code

Philippine Architect Salary vs. Other Asian Architects: A Snapshot